I always thought I would move away after college, I wanted to get away from Connecticut and live somewhere different and warm. Well cut to 3 years post grad and here I am still in Connecticut living 5 minutes from where I grew up. I have been spending quite a lot of time in Norwalk, CT. I find the town to be fun, young, hip and happening with enough to do to please everyone’s desires.
For the Food Lovers
If you are there to eat you certainly are in good hands. You can find several excellent dinning places, some of which I have had the opportunity of enjoying myself.
- Southern food with a New England flair Mamma’s Boy and Nola are your places.
- Japanese food, I would send you to Kazu.
- Looking for Indian? Aladin Indian Bistro is your place.
- For quality Latin American food you cannot go wrong with Valencia Luncheria even Guy Fieri would agree with me.
- Want to watch the game but eat good food!? I suggest Bradford’s and Donovan’s.
- For the beer lovers out there, I highly recommend stopping into Gingerman, they have something to please every beer palate.
For the Exerciser
If you are looking to get in a workout, or just go for a leisurely jog, run or stroll you are in good hands in Norwalk.
- You can try boxing and Kickboxing at the UFC gym where your first class is free!
- If you are a cross-fitter and can’t stand to miss a day away, you are in luck Crossfit Norwalk would be happy to have you, and your first class is free!
- Looking for a gym that might have classes, open weights and machines you have plenty of options to choose from. LA Fitness, The Edge, Intensity and Crunch.
For Those Looking to Splurge or Take a Journey
- Chocopologie is your place! Your on vacation, you may as well splurge a little! Here you can explore the wonders of handmade chocolate, enjoy pastries, chocolates, ice creams and other desserts. If sweets aren’t for you that’s totally fine. They have plenty of savory options to please everyone’s palate.
- Getting good seafood tends to be a splurge for me! If you head to Sono in the summer, Seaport Seafood is the place to be. You can din al fresco along the water and enjoy clams, mussels, lobster you name it!
- Looking for great home decor, gifts and jewelry? Sassafras is your place! And Company is another perfect place to splurge on yourself if you are looking for unique clothes, home accessories, furniture and gifts.
- Hop on Metro North south bound and in less then an hour you will be in NYC!
- Hop on a train north bound and go to New Haven, visit Yale!
- You can even take a journey while staying in Norwalk by visiting the Maritime Aquarium.